We have designed this fixed worktop/storage unit as part of our Makerspace Furniture system to meet the growing demands and requirements of teaching STEAM education. This modular system allows us to provide simple solutions in the form of stand alone units, or more comprehensive solutions in the form of modules that will combine to outfit a complete space.
The SG Makerspace will:
- Maximise the use of available space.
- Provide a safe, easy to manage ,shareable learning and making environment.
- Simplify tool and material storage as well as equipment placement.
- Allow for growth and development.
This fixed unit is ideal for equipment such as the Flux Laser Beambox Pro or the Cricut Maker 3.The full spec is as follows:
- 18m film faced plywood with 2 doors , rim locks and black D-handles.
- 16mm Paltech recycled worktop (made in Ireland).
- 6 internal shelves on moveable steel pins.
- Black plastic cable outlets to the top to tidy cables inside to power supply (available separately)
- Black powder coated steel legs.
Made in Ireland, the worktop from Paltech demonstrates how technology can assist to close the loop on repurposing post consumer mixed waste plastic packaging for use in products with a long lifespan.