- The IQ Optical Sensor is a combination of ambient light, color, proximity and gesture sensor.
- Color information is available as RGB, hue and saturation or grayscale.
- Color detection works best when the object is closer than 100mm.
- The proximity sensor measures reflected light intensity, and as such, the values will change with ambient light and object reflectivity.
- The Optical Sensor has a white LED to assist color detection in low light conditions.
- The gesture sensor can detect one of four possible gestures, an object (hand or otherwise) moving up, down, left or right over the sensor.
- The IQ Optical Sensor works with both IQ Robot Brains (1st and 2nd generation).
Note: The IQ Optical Sensor replaces all the functionality of the VEX IQ Color Sensor (2283012)